Posted in , truth quest, shawn brodof, the dirty half dozen, truth quest podcast, thomas sowell, daniel mitchell, economics in one lesson, Henry Hazlett, dirty half dozen, trump, tariff, murray rothbard, rothbard, mises, Smoot-Hawley, tariffs on Dec 14th, 2018 Comments
We are told that protective tariffs are necessary to save jobs. We are told that high-wage countries like the United States cannot compete with low-wage countries like Vietnam and China. We are told that the dumping of products needs to be addressed with protective tariffs. But we are never told the whole truth. Politicians and mainstream news outlets never really evaluate the whole picture when it comes to tariffs. They never explain who really pays. They never ask the question: What about the consumer?
Listen to learn the truth about tariffs?
- Woodrow Wilson and Tariffs
- The New Tariff of Abominations?
- Why Tariffs Won't Create Jobs or Help the Auto Industry
- Harley-Davidson is Right and Trump is Wrong
- The Economic Illiteracy of Tariff Man
- Tariffs and Americas Early Economic History
- Basic Economics - Thomas Sowell
- Economics in One Lesson, Henry Hazlitt - Chapter 11. Who’s “Protected” by Tariffs?
- President Trump's Predecessors Learned About Steel Tariffs the Hard Way
- Economics Was Invented to Refute Trump's Tariff Arguments
- Tariffs Worked in History When They Warded Off All Other Taxes
- Free Trade Let's Us Turn Corn into Cars
- Tariffs: The Taxes That Made America Great - Pat Buchanan
Join the conversation at The Truth Quest Facebook Fan Page