Ep. 12 - The Truth About Socialized Medicine
Sep 20th, 2018 by truthquest
This is the second of four healthcare-related episodes. In Episode #9, I discussed the truth about healthcare in America as a way to lay the groundwork for the other three – the truth about socialized medicine, the truth about Obamacare, and the truth about real healthcare reform.
The truth about socialized medicine or government-run medical systems is wherever it has been implemented, the results have been people suffering from shortages, rationing of care, long wait times, a lower level of care, there is no incentive to shop for better prices (or better service), and the denial of experimental drugs, innovative procedures, and new technologies.
Why would we willingly endorse and enroll in a healthcare system that has proven to be inferior to the one we currently have?
Why would we willingly put our health in the hands of a bunch of faceless bureaucrats who could care less about us personally?
What is it about other nations' socialized medicine programs that is worthy of emulation?
- Daily Mail - Nearly 1,200 People Starved to Death in NHS Hospitals
- The Guardian - NHS Budget Squeeze to Blame for Longer Wait Times
- Basic Errors Killing 1,000 NHS Patients a Month Study Shows
- Another Great Moment in the Annals of Government Run Healthcare
- Does Britain Have the Best Health System? Only If You Ignore Outcomes
- Who Was Charlie Gard
- BBC - NHS Rationing Leaves Patients in Pain
- BBC - Long Waits for Surgery Have Tripled in Four Years
- Parents of U.K. Boy With Tumor to Fight Extradition
- PragerU - What's Wrong with Government-Run Healthcare?
Join the conversation at The Truth Quest Facebook Fan Page.