Ep. 142 - The Truth About the Great Depression
Mar 21st, 2021 by truthquest
Anyone educated in the public school system in the United States has been force-fed a series of lies about the Great Depression. In this episode, we set the record straight while pointing out how the Left-wing in America are a one-trick pony. They make the same arguments today as they did almost 100 years ago!
Three myths about the Great Depression are examined:
Myth #1 - Herbert Hoover and his free market laissez-faire economic policies caused the depression.
Myth #2 - FDR and the New Deal kept the depression from getting worse.
Myth #3 - World War II cured the depression.
Truth Quest Podcast
- Episode #4 - The Truth About Minimum Wage
- Episode #24 - The Truth About Tariffs
- Episode #27 - The Truth About the Federal Reserve - An Introduction
- Episode #28 - The Truth About the Federal Reserve - The Results
Daniel Mitchell’s blog posts:
- Keynesianism is Wrong
- Blame Washington for the Great Depression
- FDR's New Deal Exacerbated the Great Depression
33 Questions About American History, Tom Woods Chapter 22, 23 and 24
The Great Depression was a Calamity of Unfettered Capitalism – Lawrence Read
America’s Great Depression, Murray Rothbard
New Deal Policies and the Persistence of the Great Depression: A General Equilibrium Analysis (Journal of Political Economy, 2004).
Join the conversation at The Truth Quest Facebook Fan Page