Ep. 3 - The Truth About the Constitution - Where in the Constitution
Jul 20th, 2018 by truthquest
In America we are living through a perpetual constitutional crisis. The heavy restrictions placed on the federal government by the United States Constitution have been largely ignored for most of the country's history. We have experienced both small and incremental steps in the power and growth of the federal government (federal agencies, bureaucracies and regulations) as well as large and unprecedented leaps (the Alien and Sedition Acts, the internment of Japanese, The Patriot Act, and NSA spying).
In this episode I hope to influence the way you look at the federal government going forward - through the eyes of the Founding Fathers.
As mentioned in previous episodes, questions are powerful methods of persuasion especially when you require skeptics to answer them. In Episode 2, I posed the question "WHAT ABOUT THE BABY?" Today I will pose the question, "WHERE IN THE CONSTITUTION?" This is a question I hope you ask every time you evaluate the actions of our elected and unelected officials in Washington, D.C.
- Founders Constitution - University of Chicago
- Bridge of Spies Movie Clip - What makes us American?
- The Perversion of the Presidency - Tenth Amendment Center blog post
- Tenth Amendment Center Publishes Episode #3
- Economic Liberty and the Constitution - Daniel J. Mitchell
- The First Question We Should Always Ask - Is this authorized by the constitution?
Join the conversation at The Truth Quest Facebook Fan Page