Posted in truth quest, truth quest podcast, abortion, partial birth abortion, constitution, article i section 8, climate change, third-party payer, medicare, medicaid, obamacare, socialized medicine, nsa, supreme court, affordable care act, gun control, nullification, federal reserve, the fed, inflation, bailouts, socialism, democratic socialism, student loans, states rights, immigration, impeachment, medicare for all, mass surveillance, secession, decentralization, self-determination on Feb 25th, 2020 Comments
The “S” word - secession - seems to be brought up with more and more frequency lately. Most recently we have seen counties in rural Virginia exploring the possibility of seceding from the state and joining West Virginia. We are seeing similar movements in Northern California and rural counties in Oregon. While those are wonderful developments, the larger question regarding secession is the idea of entire states seceding from the United States and essentially establish their own nation.
The idea of state secession picks up steam with every passing year as the federal government - the Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches AND the federal bureaucracy - continues to enlarge its power base well beyond its enumerated powers in the Constitution.
In this episode, I will introduce you to the concept of secession, discuss some of the current and past secession movements and walk you through three reasons why secession is not only desirable but necessary. In Episode #88 we will discuss how secession is justified and rebut most of the arguments against it.
- Secession in Virginia Woudl Defuse State's Conflict Over Guns
- Why Governments Hate Secession
- Three Reason Why More Secession Means More Freedom
- Why Rothbard Wanted Radical Decentralization
Tom Woods Podcast:
- Ep. 52 - Secede!
- Ep. 82 - Walter Williams on Nullification, Secession, and More
- Ep. 196 - Secession, the South, and the Modern State Donald Livingstone
- Ep. 261 – Progressive Case for Secession
- Ep. 326 – What Tom Told the Washington Post about Secession
- Ep. 796 – Secession is moronic
- Ep. 1332 – Should Libertarians Support Secession?
- Ep. 1565 – Decentralization and Secession: Jeff Deist on the Only Way Forward
- Ep. 1575 – American Secession: Potential of National Breakup?
The Brion McClanhan Show:
Truth Quest Podcast:
- Episode #19 - The Truth About Elections and Washington, D.C.
- Episode #23 - The Truth About Nullification
- Episode #88 - The Truth About Secession - Part II